|Reshaping the boundaries : the Christian intersection of China and the West in the Modern Era|
|Author||Song Gang 宋剛|
|Pub. Location||Hong Kong 香港||Publisher||Hong Kong University Press|
|Date||2016||Phys. Desc.||130 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Location||Hallway Cases||Call Number||BR1285.S764 2016|
|Reshaping the boundaries : the Christian intersection of China and the West in the Modern Era / edited by Song Gang.|
Includes bilbiographical references and index.
Boundary-crossing words, beliefs, and experiences: late Imperical China’s encounter with the modern West / Song Gang.
1. “Sinarum gentes …. omnium sollertissimae”: encounter between the Middle Kingdom and the Low Countries, 1602-92 / Thijs Weststeijn.
2. Russian-Chinese cultural exchanges in the early modern period: missionaries, sinologists, and artists / Nikolay Samoylov.
3. The wind Qin: hearing and reading Chinese reactions to the pipe organ / David Francis Urrows.
4. “Supreme Nation”: the British image in Karl Gützlaff’s novels Shifei lüelun 是非畧論 and Dayingguo tongzhi 大英國統治 / John T. P. Lai.
5. “Sacred Heart” and the appropriation of Catholic faith in nineteenth-century China / Ji Li.
6. Local magistrates and foreign mendicants: Chinese views of Shanxi’s Franciscan Mission during the late Qing / Anthony E. Clark.
7. A religious rhetoric of competing modernities: Christian print culture in late Qing China / Melissa Wei-Tsing Inouye.